Books that live forever in your heart and dreams

Monday, April 8, 2013

Learning more about CS Yelle

CS Yelle – Author of Taking Angels and The Protector of Ter Chadain series.


C.S. Yelle was born and raised in Grand Rapids, MN, the “almost” middle child of six.  He attended Grand Rapids Senior High School where he enjoyed music and sports.  He received his BS in Chemistry from Mayville State University, Mayville, ND in 1987.  He taught 7-12 Science and coached for six years in several North Dakota schools and currently works as an Executive Account Manager in the Water Treatment Industry where he has been for nearly seventeen years.  He is the father of four and grandfather of one.  He writes novels, screenplays, and an occasional short story.  He has been writing seriously for over ten years and plans to continue until his fingers are unable, maybe longer.  He currently resides in a Minneapolis, MN suburb with his wife Jennifer.


_________________________________________________________
A personal note from me, about this Author

I personally just learned about Craig, on my journey reviewing for Staccato Publishing. I was ask to review his new book Taking Angels. Sadly, I could not continue the book, not because it wasn't brilliant, as a matter of fact, he was so brilliant with his writing it personally affected me so bad that I could hardly sleep for days.  What happen in this book in the beginning is a replica of my own life, except the miracle of course, as most of you know.  It honestly amazed me how descriptive this Author was.  It felt like he climb inside my soul and pulled every last drop of information., hurt, or pain I ever felt. Ergo, why I could not finish. Only being able to complete a few chapters, I knew this book should be out there and known as a masterpiece. So, I passed the book to one of the members of my review panel at YATRNanette, of course she LOVED it and raved for days about it.  Once I heard what Nanette had to say. I knew then that I will finish this book real soon. So my hunt began to find this Author , and learn as much as I possibly could about him. 
_________________________________________________________
Nanette's Review of Taking Angels

Holy Wow! I loved this book. It kept my attention from beginning to end and of course I need to know if there's gonna be more. I sure hope there is. I want to know if Gabe is ok and what Britt, Allister and Angelina have in store for them next. I'm totally getting ahead of myself aren't I? The concept of guardian Angels being inside of us instead of around us was fresh and new. I loved the thought of it. How they guard us from within and protect our souls. That was something I've never read about and I read a lot. :)

Britt was a girl who struggled with chemo and radiation since the time she was 14. Now, at 18, she's given up. She no longer has the fight within her tiny body anymore. When she goes on a picnic with her parents she talks her dad into letting her sit alone for a while in the lake by the picnic area they are at. As she starts slowly letting herself fall into the water, giving up, she thinks of her family and three best friends who've stood by her all these years. Now she doesn't want to die but it's too late. The water keeps pulling her under and she doesn't have the strength to get herself out. As the water pulls her closer to the falls she feels her body floating one minute then sinking down the falls as everything goes black. Britt wakes to voices in her head. Beautiful melodic voices she believes are Angels. The only thing is they are arguing from what she can make out. As Britt struggles to open her eyes she's now in an ambulance with her parents on the way to the hospital. She's alive and feeling better thanks she's ever felt.



Things start changing for Britt. She's healthy and pain free. Even her hair is starting to grow back. She just can't get those beautiful voices out of her head. Did the Angels save her and if so why? Why did they bring her back. Why did they choose her? She's not gonna let this go though. Britt is gonna live for the first time.
Britt goes on to a life she was never allowed before. She's in her senior year of high school and with her three closest friends by her side she feels invincible. Then the voice is here. At her school. Allister Parks and his sister Angelina are the new kids in town. They just moved in and Britt feels the connection to them right away. She believes they are her Angels that saved her but as she gets closer to Allister she starts to rethink things. Was it all a dream? At night Britt has these horrible nightmares of people being killed. Their silent screams and a weird smoky essence pulled out of them the last thing she feels as she wakes up screaming and soaking wet from sweat herself. When she realizes her dreams are actually visions she tries hard to figure out what's going on. There's a whole lot more to this book but you have to read it to find out. Car chases, crazy infatuations, archangels are just a few of the things you'll read about. Such an amazing read. I can't believe it's over. I've totally got end of book remorse. I want more Allister and Britt. Oh, and the epilogue! Omg! Why do you torture me like that. Ok just go out and get is book. You just have too.

____________________________________________________

 

What I learned about this Author was amazing. Let me just recap my interview with him.

Derinda: What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating any of your books?

CS: That when I read parts of it back, it surprised me what I had written. It sometimes made me

     tear up.






Derinda: What books have most influenced your life most?

CS: The Boy Who Sailed Around the World Alone – given to me by my grandmother and the first
     book I ever read more than once. 



Derinda: As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
CS: A professional baseball player  



Derinda: Is there a message in your novel that you want readers to grasp?
CS: I always like the underlying message of never underestimate the power of the human spirit.  


Derinda: If you had to do it all over again, would you change anything in any of your books?
CS: I’m pretty happy with the way the stories turned out, so no, the way they are was meant to
     be.
Derinda: I love that theory! 

Derinda: Why or what made you choose that specific illness in your book? 
CS: I had a mother -in-law who died from it. Just know the struggles that go with it. She was a very gifted artist and shared my love of writing. I guess I never thought about why I used that cancer, but it is kind of poetic when I think about it.


Derinda: Do you have anything specific that you want to say to your readers?
CS: I strive to reach into the place of my readers that moves them. I hope they feel something
     after enjoying one of my adventures. 


Derinda:  Who is your favorite hero/heroine/character from your own books? What about of all time?
CS: Kendal in Taking Angels is the most enjoyable character I have written thus far. He is the “no apology” bad boy who what you see is what you get…sort of.  



Derinda: If you could pick one author (dead or alive) to question, who would it be?  What would be the first thing you would say to them?
CS: JK Rowling – Did you ever think that maybe Harry and Hermione had a special chemistry you might expand on romantically?

To find this Author:



THE AUTHOR'S FAVORITES:
        Color? Blue
        Food? Pizza
         Song/Singer? Lately, it’s been Cups/Anna Kendrick

OMG! I love that song too!!!


SO, Craig this is for you! 








3 comments:

  1. I really did love this book a lot and that interview was seriously awesome guys


    You rock D! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Derinda,
    I am humbled by your words about touching you deeply with my writing. Thank you and I look forward to getting to know you more over time.
    And Cups is awesome! Right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you know that you can create short links with Shortest and make money from every visitor to your short links.

    ReplyDelete