Two weeks before junior year, Darcy hops a plane to Orlando for a little R&R with her best friend Dylan and his family. Fresh off the heels of solving three murders in Valley, you'd think she'd sit back and enjoy the vacation capital of the world … maybe if you're a noun. Darcy Walker, however, is nothing but verb. Before her feet hit the Orlando soil, she's meddling in the disappearance of a five-year-old boy who vanished six months earlier.
With authorities still no closer to solving the case, Darcy is shanghaied by her impulsivity and runs headlong into that proverbial burning building, convinced she can bring him home. She travels down a road that not only follows this missing child but branches off into the corrupt and sinister world of mob activity when she tampers in a case on which Dylan's detective grandfather is working.
After a near disastrous midnight meeting in a warehouse and a date with a mechanical bull, Darcy realizes she might've bitten off more than she can chew. Add the boiling flirtationship with her best friend and the appearance of his romantic rival, and she is in over her head. Will she survive a life of flirting with death too easily? Or will her flirtationship with Dylan become the actual death of her instead?
For a girl with a habit of finding dead bodies, No Brainer gives Darcy Walker more of the same…surprising twists and turns…and running for her life.
Kyd grabbed me by the arm, dragging me to his side. “Give us some privacy,” he said to Tricky and Zander. Both stepped about six feet over. “I don’t want you hurt, Legs,” he murmured. “Lola Medina’s nothing but trouble. She always has been, and here I am dropping you off in a seedy area as your brain runs amuck. I need more information, and for the life of me, I can’t determine how you conned me into doing this. I’m having second thoughts, and as strange as it sounds, I honestly feel a bond with you.”
Introducing Kyd, Romeo extraordinaire.
His eyes burned a light, drowning green. Almost tearful, like my pain filled him up so much that one step inside would pull us both under. Why was it that the guys who were players, always knew how to talk to girls?
I gave him a lot of teeth, trying my best to look like a flirt. “It’s the brotherhood,” I grinned.
“Stop it,” he warned. Heck, maybe he was like Dylan. “I care, and I have this drowning feeling you don’t care enough about yourself to even think about your safety. What happened to you, Legs, that makes you not consider whether you’ll live or die?”
How in the world should I respond to that? I exhaled six years worth of disappointment and frustration but realized all that did was give me a headache. “To answer your question,” I said tightly, “life happened. Sometimes, life doesn’t give you a choice or ask permission. All you can attempt to control is how you respond to what it throws at you. What’s going to happen is going to happen, Kyd. I appreciate the concern, but Zander and I will be fine.”
Mother blankety-blank-blank, I cursed in my mind. I needed to take up cursing or find an outlet to release the guilt-slash-stress people inflicted upon me.
“I love you with an eternal intensity, Darcy, and if that’s what you need, then okay… for now.” Dylan Taylor, No Brainer
Ten Things You Didn’t Know About AJ Lape
AKA - Ada Miracle Lape
1. I can dislocate my left shoulder on command.
2. I started running high school track when I was in the sixth grade.
3. I would've been a police officer or journalist if life didn't land me where I am.
4. My favorite movie is It’s a Wonderful Life…cry like a baby when George Bailey starts yelling, “I want to live again…I want to live again.”
5. I had an academic scholarship.
6. I like to shoot 9mm guns (dying to shoot an Uzi) in my spare time…look out Target World, every once in a while you have to walk your inner hillbilly
7. I’m like Rain Man when it comes to fractions.
8. I used to write and record songs. I won Honorable Mentions in the John Lennon Song Writing Contest and Music City Song Festival.
9. I’m a notorious sleepwalker.
10. I’ve cliff-dived off a 40-foot cliff into a lake…wouldn’t recommend it…painful.
Find A. J. Lape Online:
Amazon Author Page: http://amazon.com/author/ajlape
8 winners chosen on 16thto allow a few last min. entries.
Be sure to drop by each stop of the tour to gain more entries plus the chance of a daily Ebook of No Brainer!! These Ebook winners will chosen from pooling that days comments left on your blogs and picked by Random. Org . Be sure to post the blog list to allow your readers a chance to visit each days blog stops.
1- $30 Amazon gift card, 1- autographed copy of No Brainer, 4- Ebooks (either Grade A Stupid or No Brainer - winner's choice), and 2- SWAG pack winners (SWAG includes signed Iniquity Engineer bookmark, signed postcard of both books, and refrigerator magnet of both book covers)
AJ Lape’s Tour Schedule- reader’s FINAL copy
- Bex ‘n’Books - http://bexnbooks.blogspot.com
- WTF R U Reading - http://www.wtfareyoureading.com
- Island Lovelies Book Club - http://islandloveliesbcb.blogspot.com
- Lil Bit of R&R - http://www.alittlebitofrnrreviews.com
- Fab, Fun & Tantalizing Reads - http://www.fabfunandtantalizingreads.com
- The Book Town - http://thebooktown.blogspot.com
- Yesterday & Tomorrow's Reads - http://yesterdayandtomorrowsreads.blogspot.com
- Krystal ClearBook Reviews - http://krystalclearbookreviews.wordpress.com
- Lady Pinks Book Shelf - http://ladypinksbookshelf.blogspot.com
- My Art to Inspire - http://www.myarttoinspire.com/myatiblogs
- Author Angela Orlowski-Peart - http//:www.angelapeart.com
JUNE 8th & 9th –
- No tour for the weekend!
- 2 Bibliophiles Guides to Seriously Awesome Books - http://2bibliophiles.blogspot.com
- Author JD Nelson- http://nightaberrations.blogspot.com/
- Author Fabio Bueno - http://fabiobueno.com/
- Book - Marks the Spot - http://caughtinasnyderwebb.blogspot.com
- Up All Night Book Addict - http://upallnightbookaddict.blogspot.com
- C. R. Everett – Author Blog -http://www.creverett.com/12801/64701.html
- I Feel the Need, the Need to Read - www.ifeeltheneedtheneedtoread.com
- My Cozie Corner - http://coziecorner.blogspot.com
- Author Tara West - http://tarawestauthor.wordpress.com/
- eBook Lovers Co-Op Blog- http://eblco.wordpress.com
- Author Lavinia Urban - http://laviniaurban.blogspot.co.uk
- The Bookish Snob - http://www.thebookishsnob.com/
- Angela Brown in Pursuit of Publishness- http://publishness.blogspot.com/