Books that live forever in your heart and dreams

Thursday, March 21, 2013

The Brown House by Christy Sloat



The Perfect Halloween story!!!!!!!

****warning if you're a scaredy cat like me....do not read this at night************* Can everyone say wienie. Yes that's me, the biggest winnie ever. But I took on the task. I enjoyed it and found myself, needing to solve the mysteries.

This is a must read for October. What do you do when you parents bring you to your new house? First the outside is scary, ergo "The Brown House" then it is embedded within a bunch of trees. Walking into the house you find a stairwell that has no lights, (good freakin grief) and one of the bedrooms on the second floor is locked! No one has been able to unlock it for years. This house has 3 floors, with a basement, that is filled with old journals and spooky things. What happens when you go down in the basement? The freakin door closes on you. The rocking chair rocks by itself. The door opens on their own. I'll tell you what I would do, RUN people RUN!

Holy smokes this Author wrote a ghost story, combined with love and mystery. Brylee Branson, the heroine of the story was bold and brave. She discovers that she can talk to ghosts and has to literally find the witches that put a curse on the ghost of the house. I loved Ephraim and Lyn. What a great combination for Brylee. And then there was Kayla. She was a ghost but you can not help but to be completely engrossed with her. As I personally read through story, I had chills running down my arms. I often had to glance around to make sure nothing was moving or flying around.

The Author does a fantastic job of creating great characters. Christy has a talent for keeping you on the edge of your seat with anticipation. This book is a thrilling ride. It should definitly be in every teenagers hands.

For more information on this Author: Facebook


No comments:

Post a Comment